Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Favorite Fashion Websites to Shop

It has been over a month since I have posted! The reason is because I've been juggling two jobs and school at the same time. But this morning, I thought that I would make a post before I start working. 

Today, I'm sharing my favorite websites to shop on. I'm not really one to go out and shop;I like to stay at home and do some online shopping. I know that it's a little more difficult to know if something fits or not, but I have learned to look out for cuts and sizes that really fit my style. Somethings that I buy don't turn out the way that they do, and I just end up donating them. But 95% of the time, I do end up loving what I purchase. 

1.Thredup.com


Thredup is a website that I discovered while watching Youtube. It is an online consignment store based off of San Francisco. They strive for clothing that is almost like new, and they don't take anything that isn't near perfect. I love browsing them in the little free time that I get, and I'm satisfied with most of the things that I purchase. I'm not going to lie, I shop there almost every 2 weeks or so. They have a flat rate for shipping, and they also offer free shipping over $70. The only downside is that some of the clothing is non-returnable. Never the less, this is my favorite website to shop on. They have discounted designer clothing, and their mobile app also has quite a few promotions. 

For those who want to try it, I have a link where you will receive $10 off of your first purchase. It's almost like getting free clothing! 
http://www.thredup.com/r/E4P04J

2.eBay


Ebay is kind of a gamble. I like to use Ebay to find something that I once saw a long time ago, but I can no longer find. Often times, I will just do a general search for something that I want, and it'll give me a bunch of results at the price that I want. Some people really like using Ebay, some don't. For me, it's a tricky business because the pictures can only tell you so much. Some sellers don't offer a return policy, so be sure that you want it. Another things is that unless you have to option to purchase it then, you will have to wait during the bidding period.
I've gotten great deals through this website, but I've also had some flops. Lots of sellers do offer free shipping, and some sellers have unreasonable shipping prices. It's still fun to browse, however.

3. American Eagle


I know that it's really cliche, but American Eagle is probably one of my all time favorite websites to shop. My style is very classy-preppy, and I think that a lot of the pieces that American Eagle carries, fits that standard. Now, not all of their clothing is my taste, but most of it is. They often will have free shipping and 40% off of clearance. That's when I tend to go in and shop more trendy items. I also like buying graphic t-shirts that I can wear when I want more of a relaxed-boho feel.

4. H&M


Hands down, H&M is one of my favorite places to shop. This website caters more towards the classy side of my fashion sense. I am absolutely in love with their basics section. All I need are a couple of staple pieces that I can find at affordable prices and I'm set. H&M is a great place to start building your wardrobe. They have a good mix of classic and trendy pieces. I'll admit that I do like shopping in store a little more than online because their sizing can be a little different since they're a Swedish brand.

5. Nordstrom

I go to Nordstroms to buy all of my jeans. I'm particularly a fan of 7 for all mankind, and Citizens of Humanity for bootcut jeans, and J Brand for skinnies. I like to invest in my jeans because I wear them so often. I like to go for the darker washes because I feel like they go with more outfits than any other wash. I had purchased my first pair of designer jeans during my senior year of high school. They were a pair of 7 for all mankind A pockets. I wore the crap out of them. They held up for more that two years, and then they finally gave out and holes started to form. I think that each pair of jeans should tell a story, and that you should feel at home whenever you wear your favorite pair.

6. Nordstrom Rack

I go to Nordstrom Rack for my purses. I'm not dedicated to a particular designer, I like to collect them as I go. Nordstrom Rack offers a wide range of brands that also fit the bill. When I am planning on buying a new bag, I like to envision that it would look like, and then I go out and find the brands that offer what I am looking for. I also like shopping here for smaller leather goods like passport holders or wallets. I also get introduced to brands that I have never hear before, and it's exciting to discover brands that I would never have otherwise known about. 

This post has put me in the mood to shop again! I'm excited to see the spring and summer fashion trends that are coming up to the surface. Most of my closet consists of clothing that is catered to the warmer weather, so this is my favorite time of the year. 

What are your favorite websites to visit?

2 comments: