Saturday, July 25, 2015

My Favorite Workout Gear

Hello everyone! It's been way too long since I've posted anything, but I'm ready for another post!
As you can tell, this post is going to be about workout gear. Since the weather has gotten better, I like being active throughout the summer. We also bought kayaks, so I hope that they come with a ripped abs guarantee.
It's a little tricky when it comes to workout gear because the material that you need to wear fluctuates throughout the season. For me, my body really enjoys the hot weather, and I like to wear no more than I really need to. So, I'm going to show you where I get my favorite pieces and hopefully you will enjoy them as well.

Tops
Tops are the one thing that really define the outfit. I know that lots of people wear bright colors to make them more visible, but I'm more of a neutral tone person. 

Sports Bras



I'm not too picky about sports bras because I don't really have anything there... but I do own a couple just in case. I usually buy them from Victoria's Secret's VSX collection. I usually just use the Lululemon cups so I could just stick them in where they need to go. I also like to wear them under tank tops when it's a little bit more chilly outside. I prefer those with thinner straps since I don't really need anything with much support. I've also found some really cute ones at Target, as well.

Tank tops


This is where I get a little bit more picky. I'm not really a fan of crazy patterns, so I like more solid tops. I don't really like any heavy material because I get heated pretty quickly. The worse feeling is when you can feel your clothing stick to you because of sweat, and you find a puddle later on. My favorite brands are Lululemon and Zella. Lululemon's tops usually already come with the cups, so it's one less thing to worry about. I also have a couple of Nike tank tops that are a little more on the daring side of the color spectrum. I was able to grab a couple of Zella tops from Nordstrom's anniversary sale.

T-Shirts

I like wearing t-shirts while kayaking because they provide a little more protection when it comes to my life jacket clawing at my skin. I like wearing t-shirts with my sports bras because it provides an even amount of warmth while also staying cool and covered up (if you know what I mean). My favorite t-shirt brand would have to be The North Face. I was able to find a couple of their shirts on sale at REI, and I have been in love ever since. 

Long Sleeves

I have a couple of long sleeve hoodies that I wear when the colder seasons roll around. I don't really own very many long sleeves in general, but I have some specifically designed for working out. I like the comfort of keeping warm while also having something with breathable material. I enjoy going to Old Navy to find these kinds of tops. They're affordable there, and the color selection is so cute!

Bottoms

I just wear yoga shorts and yoga pants/leggings. For the longest time, I never understood why yoga pants were all the rage. My best friend would wear them religiously and I also thought that it was such a strange trend. I one day gave in and purchased a pair from Victoria's Secret and have been hooked ever since. I love how easy to is to slip them on and off. They work with all kinds of outfits, and they're so easy to wear. Though I'd have to say that you have to be careful with what kind of underwear you wear with them... 
I don't really have a favorite brand when it comes to yoga pants. I just purchase them in black, and in multiple quantities. I have a couple from Victoria's Secret's Pink, and I'd have to say that the color fades pretty quickly when it comes to those. They are the right length, but I feel as though they stretch out too quickly. Then there is the ever so famous Lululemon yoga pants. My experience with them is that they last a little bit longer, but I find holes forming in them after a short while. I've tried some from a junior brand at Kohl's, and I actually enjoy those the best. The color doesn't fade as quick, and they are extremely comfy. 

Accessories

Water Bottles

I am super obsessed with water bottle. I like them in ever shape and form. I'd have to say that Camelbak Eddy water bottles are my favorite. I remember back in high school when there was the huge debate between Nalgene and Camelbak because of BPA. I've never had a Nalgene, but I do find myself screwing the top off of my Camelbak even though I have a drinking spout.

Hydrating Spray

This may sound strange, but I really do enjoy having a hydrating spray with me. I have the driest of dry skin. During the winter, my skin flakes, During the summer, it still looks like the desert. My face cries a little every time I put on my moisturizer. I really enjoy using Evian's mineral water spray throughout the day. It helps me feel cool while also being hydrated. Another thing that I like to use is L'Occitane's Verbena summer spray. The scent to Verbena also keeps me energized.

So there you have it. I'm also a very water sports oriented person, and I have another post about the swimsuits that I love. So don't forget to also check out that post. 

What are your favorite workout pieces? I'd love to hear what you think. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your article. I was also confused about perfect workout clothes for my very first weight loss workouts but I found decent collection of reasonably priced clothes at Carbon38.com. Thinking to get my fitness apparels from this site. Do you have any reviews about them also?

    ReplyDelete