Thursday, March 12, 2015

When You Fall in Love with a Purse

As if you couldn't already tell from the title of the post, I got a new bag! I thought that I would just let you guys know that I have two obsessions, purses and dresses. I have upward towards 70 dresses, but I don't have that many purses! Unlike dresses, purses come with a heavier price tag. 
I'll admit, I do change within the season and the event, of course. I guess I have a lot of clutches, but not actual purses. I used to love the shoulder style, but when I bought my first cross body bag, I never ever want to look back. The cross body bag is just too convenient! Also in boarding school, I love toting around my messenger bag that matched with my uniform.

Right now, I alternate between my Michael Kors Selma, which I got for my 21st birthday a little while back. 
When I first laid eyes on this bag, I fell right into love. It was perfect. It was structured, professional, and it didn't get dirty! Well, at least it wouldn't be obvious. I carry this bag almost every day. I love it, it's one of my favorites. 

The other bag that I go to is my Sam Edelman Odette.
Initially, I had fallen in love with the smaller version of this bag at Nordstrom. I thought long and hard about getting it, but by the time that I actually got the chance to go and get it, it was gone. But I went searching for it on Ebay, and came across this one. I bought it in January and decided that it was going to be my summer bag. It had the rose gold accents and it goes with every spring outfit. If this purse gets dirty, it does show. I'm more cautious about getting this one dirty.

But back to the main point. I've been looking for a new bag and I wanted to treat myself because of a recently very exciting life change. I looked for a long time, and I finally came across the Tory Burch Amanda bag. 
I had recently painted my Rebecca Minkoff grey because I bought it in a cream color, and as you can imagine, it got dirty, fast. It's now a lovely light grey, and I use it as a school bag. But this Tory Burch was the perfect addition to my collection of grey purses. 
It has the cross body strap as well as the handles so I could wear it business style, or casual style. I haven't received it yet, but I definitely will do an update when I get it in the mail. I've never really been a huge fan of Tory Burch, until I saw the Robinson. The Robinson didn't look like it catered to what I was looking for. When I saw the Amanda, it was definitely love at first sight. I knew that I had to have it! 
One thing that I did like about the Robinson was that it had a smaller emblem. I'm not quite sure how large this one will be exactly, but I'll just have to deal with that. The thing that bugs me the most are bags with their logos all over their bags. With the exception of Louis Vuitton because that will always be a signature print. You know what I mean, those Coach bags with the logos vomited across. Maybe it's just me, but I like things to be simple and clean. That's just my two cents. 

I'm really excited to carry this bag around for the summer time. It's a little dark for the summer, but it'll still match with all of the outfits. I'm already planning on what my next couple of bags will be, but they won't be here any time soon. 

What's your favorite purse? Why do you love it?



No comments:

Post a Comment