Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bikini Time!

It's that time of year for Spring Break!! I'll have to say that the thing that I'm most excited about this year would be  bikinis. Although I live in the Pacific Northwest, 90% of my closet is made of clothing that is catered to the warmer weather. How do I live in the winter time? I just wear lots of layers and the same jacket that I've had for years. I've had my eye on a jacket at Nordstrom, which I'll probably pick up soon... 
Anyways, I've never been a bikini kind of girl because I've always worn competition Speedos for swim team. I also never really get the chance to be around the lake or the pool, but it's nice to have a bikini just in case your girlfriends randomly decide to go to the beach. 

I caved and splurged on a Triangl Bikini. I like how simple the design is and how it hugs your body. It seems pricey, but you will love the way that it feels. I picked the Santa Rose Splash color because it looks really nice against my skin. I tan very easily, and this color shows it off perfectly. I've seen bikinis at Target that have similar prints for a much cheaper price.  


You could never go wrong with a black bikini top or a floral bikini bottom. The black top goes with almost any color bottom you pick, and it's also a very flattering color. A floral bottom has many colors on it, so it will match with any color top that you pick. I got my floral bikini bottom from Guess a couple of years ago, and it is my favorite bikini bottom. Most of the time I pair it with a black halter bikini top, but it is also great with a pink top, or even the Triangl top. 
I'm also a spaghetti strap bikini kind of girl. I'll admit, I don't have too much in the chest area, so bikini are easier to find for me. I also like getting a little bit of push with push up bikinis. Halter tops work the best for me, and they also hold up better than other kinds that I have tried. I'm not exactly a big fan of bikini bottoms that tie at the hips because I'm always paranoid that it'll slip off! Just one solid piece for me is just fine.

When it gets a little chilly, bikini cover ups are the way to go. I love using my Juice Couture dress as a cover up. It doesn't five me a funny sun tan print like other bikini cover ups, and it works perfect as a dress. I usually will wear it with a baby pink bikini top so it matches, but it works with any other color bikini top since the color is so subtle. I also have the same cover up in red, that is made with a terry cloth material. It works great for when I just got out of the pool.

How could I forget shoes? I'm a leather flip flop girl, but those might not be the most ideal material for the water. A good pair of flip flops ties the whole outfit together. As long as you don't walk for a prolong amount of time in them, they're cute enough for the rest of the summer. I usually will wear rubber flip flops for the beach or pool, and leather ones for when I go out during other times of the day. I've gotten my leather flip flops soaked before, that they took FOREVER to dry.

Let me know what your plans are for Spring Break and what your favorite style of bikini is.

No comments:

Post a Comment