Saturday, February 28, 2015

New Workplace!

Yet another post due to procrastinating on homework. I promise that it will all be done today! Anyways, definitely going to get back on the track on the topic of me!
This weekend, I'll be getting... a new desk! I know, so exciting, right? (sarcasm) But really, I'm extremely excited to have a fresh work place that will be my own and that I can be extremely productive with. Another thing that I'm excited about is decorating the area, of course! We're going to go shopping on Sunday after church for some cute office supplies. I already have a couple of things, but I would like to share what my desk essentials are with you guys :)


Notebooks. I can't get enough of notebooks. I know that I have so many already and they generally don't get used beyond their first couple of pages. But I love them none the less. I have a couple of Rifle and Co notebooks, some Jonathan Adler, some Mead, etc. I'm not going to lie, I'm probably going to buy some more today. I know that they're basically going to sit there until I really need to use them, but I just can't help it! Maybe I won't buy them because then I know that they won't be going to waste. 


File holders. I have so many various folders with different purposes and it's really hard to keep track of them if I don't know where all of them are! So I decided to get a file holder that will fit everything including some notebooks that I'm using at the same time. I'm so excited to get this cute white folder holder.



Sticky notes or notepads. I love cute sticky notes. I once found the cutest sticky note pad at Target at the dollar section. I wanted to get more, but they never came back :( I also got this other pack of sticky notes that have different purposes. It's all one big pad, but they section off into to-do list sticky notes, or task for the week sticky notes.


Pencil holder. Now, I have a couple of old candle holders that obviously don't have their candle in them, and I like to reuse them to old my pencils. They're much much cheaper than getting an actual pencil holder, and some times, they're much more stylish. 


Pencils. I love basic wooden #2 pencils. I'll probably pick up another pack pretty soon, too. Maybe some cute color pencils. Anyways, I know that it's sometimes inconvenient to have to sharpen your pencil, but at least they look cute!


Cards. Now, I know that a lot of people don't think about this, but I like to keep an assortment of cards. Thank you cards, birthday cards, greeting cards, etc. I also have a box that is monogrammed with my initials, and they're reserved for the fancy kind of events. You never really know when you're going to have to write a card. You also don't have to go out and get them individually, it's much cheaper to just buy a box of them, much like Christmas cards. 


Fake flowers. My favorite flower is the peony. As you may know, it is a seasonal flower. I used to go to the market to get fresh flowers every week or so, but that always adds up, and I don't like near the public market anymore. I found a cute vase with a fake peony at Target, and I think that it just adds a little bit of sophistication to the desk.


Office caddy. Thumbtacks, paper clips, rubber bands. Where to put them all?? I like getting one of those mesh holders that you can get at Target or Walmart to hold all of them. You can also get them at the Container store, too. It's nice to have these things at your disposal and all in one spot. 


Cork board. Having a cork board reminds me of the days that I lived in the dorms. They're fun, but they are honestly very practical. You can hand up reminders, or pictures, etc. I like to keep cute pictures of cards that I've gotten. You may also like dry erase boards which you can also write on while being able to magnetize any notes and such. I'm still debating on which one I should get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment